WORK LESS WEDNESDAY
⚙️ 1. 7 Systems I’m Using In My Business – Sketchnote by Alejo Porras
Last week I was treated to an incredible surprise.
🤑 2. The 9 Laws Of Getting Rich – Article by Morgan Housel
Morgan Housel’s The Psychology of Money is one of the best books I read last year.
This week, he published a blog post called A Few Laws Of Getting Rich, that I enjoyed just as much.
It turns out “mo’ money, mo’ problems” isn’t a lie.
There are, in fact, downsides to being rich.
Housel says: “When the benefits of money are so obvious but the downsides are so subtle, the downsides you didn’t anticipate can be more jarring than the benefits you expected.”
Here are the 9 Laws Of Getting Rich:
1. Most of what makes you happy in life has nothing to do with money, and realizing that once you have money can be a painful admission.
2. What you think is admiration of your success may actually be envy.
3. The richer you become, the less likely people around you are to tell you when you’re wrong, crazy, mean, or oblivious.
4. Sometimes what made you successful was worry and anxiety, and you can’t let go of that when you’re rich.
5. There is no easy way to manage wealth and kids.
6. Quick wealth is fragile wealth.
7. Reputations have momentum in both directions because people want to associate with winners and avoid losers.
8. Expectations can rise faster than income, so a higher income sends expectations spiraling out of control.
9. No one is going to remember you in 100 years.
🤔 3. Things That Aren’t Doing The Thing – Article by Strangest Loop
Cheeky essay on why we spend so much time avoiding the one thing we know we need to do.
Here’s how it starts:
“Preparing to do the thing isn’t doing the thing.
Scheduling time to do the thing isn’t doing the thing.
Making a to-do list for the thing isn’t doing the thing.
Telling people you’re going to do the thing isn’t doing the thing.
We all have “the thing” that we’re avoiding.
✋ 4. How To Set Boundaries – Article by Science of People
I say this all the time in 🏖️How To Work Less:
“If you want to work less, you have to learn to say No.
If you want to learn to say No, you need boundaries.”
This article can help.
It is a masterclass on how to set HEALTHY boundaries in ALL areas of life: Relationships, Work, Family, and more.
5️⃣ 5 Things I’m Into This Month
🎧 Audiobook I’m Listening To – Stories of Your Life & Others by Ted Chiang
▶️ YouTube Video I Loved – How To Reset Your Body From Chronic Stress by Dr. Gabor Mate
🤖 New AI Features In My Favorite Browser – ARC by The Browser Company
🎵Album I’m Listening To – Swinging Stars by Mapache
🍵 Tea I’m Drinking – Living Tea