WORK LESS WEDNESDAY
🖥️ 1. I Just Ditched Safari For This Amazing Web Browser – Arc by The Browser Company
I’m not the type of guy to hype up a random app I just downloaded two days ago.
But that’s exactly what I’m about to do now.
I just deleted Safari and Chrome from my computer and went all in on Arc, a new web browser.
Arc’s goal is to reimagine the browser from the ground up.
What do I love about it?
- The interface is designed for focused, productive browsing. The best solution for tab overload I’ve seen.
- Spaces for different areas of your life. I have one for personal, one for Work Less, and one for my agency RMC.
- The quality of life improvements are genius. Pinned tabs, easy split screen views, mini-player picture-in-picture video while browsing, and so much more.
It takes a bit of getting used to, but Arc just works better.
Want to see more? Check out some of their demos on YouTube.
If you want to try it for yourself, you have to get on the waitlist here.
FYI – It took me 20 days to get my invite.
(No special influencer treatment for me lol.)
⛳ 2. Something New I Learned About – Hole In One Insurance
I love Twitter.
How else would I learn about something as wild as Hole In One Insurance?
Here’s how it works…
So, golf event organizers love to offer crazy prizes for a hole-in-one.
- $1 million
The good news?
People are really bad at getting a hole-in-one.
(The odds are 12.5k to 1.)
But every now and then, someone does it.
Without insurance, a golf club easily could go bankrupt from a poorly timed prize payout.
With hole-in-one insurance, everyone wins.
Golfers get a chance at a crazy prize.
Clubs don’t go out of business when they win it.
And the insurance company makes money.
There are around 30 hole-in-one insurance companies today.
Altogether they insure tens of thousands of hole-in-one policies per year.
You can turn ANYTHING into a business.
🧰 3. 100 Tools For An Easy Life In 2022 – Article From The Do Lectures
This is a really good list of 100+ productivity and lifestyle tools.
Some of the tools featured in the list that I currently use (and love):
Rev — Convert audio and video to text
Toggl — Tools to elevate productivity and eliminate stress
Brain.fm — Functional music to improve focus in 5 minutes
Oura Ring — Measure your physiological signals
Coolors — Create the perfect colour palette or get inspired
🌈 4. Get Inspired By This Email Signature – Andrea Reeves’ Email Signature
Two things I love:
- Only responding to emails on Friday. I check my email 2x a day. This is taking batching to another level. I’m inspired!
- No pressure to respond. With most emails, there is an implied urgency that once you see it, you must respond. I love this: “Please protect your time and peace, and respond when you’re back to work.”
Check out Andrea’s business here and join her newsletter here.
And keep sending me replies. 😄
⏰ 5. Why 9-5 Just Doesn’t Make Sense – Tweet By George Mack
Some people work best in the morning.
Some people work best at night.
People should work when they get their best work done.
That’s why I believe asynchronous work is the future.
My team works async at my agency and Work Less LLC.
Speaking of which…
Are you a solopreneur who wants to learn how to implement async work with:
- Your team,
- Your freelancers,
- And even your clients?
Hop on the waitlist for How To Work Less Cohort 3, launching in January.
I’ll teach you exactly how to do it.